Karun Rawat has received his PhD. degree in electrical engineering from University of Calgary, Canada in 2012. He is currently working as Associate Professor in department of Electronics and Communication at Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T) Roorkee, India. Prior to this, he was Assistant Professor in Centre for Applied Research in Electronics, I.I.T Delhi from 2013-2014 and scientist in the Space Applications Center, Indian Space Research Organization Ahmedabad, from 2003–2007.
See More >>
Karun Rawat is Senior member of IEEE since 2012 and his research has resulted in more than 60 publications in journals and conferences, two patents (applied), two state of art books and a book chapter. He is founding director of Linear amp-tech technology private limited which is involved in indigenous development of power amplifier design and its linearization technology.
His current research interests are in the areas of RF power amplifier and transceiver design, digital transmitters, nonlinear device modeling, RF linear and nonlinear measurements and characterization, RF active and passive circuits design, RF CMOS and GaN MMIC designs. He has given several technical talks in India as well as abroad including workshops in power amplifiers at EuMC 2018 (Spain), IEEE IMS 2018 (USA), IEEE ARFTG 2016 (USA), IEEE APMC 2015 (China), IEEE IMaRC 2014-2015 (India), IEEE IMS (USA), IEEE EuMW (Spain) etc. He has presented papers in reputed conferences such as IEEE International Wireless Symposium 2019 in China, European Microwave Conference in Germany, International Symposium on Circuit and System, USA. Dr. Rawat has been reviewer of several IEEE transactions including Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Transactions on circuit and systems, Transactions on Electronic Devices, Transactions on Industrial Electronics etc.
Dr. Rawat has received research production award for three consecutive years from 2009-2011 during his PhD. He also received best design prize in 3rd Annual Smart Radio Challenge in 2010. He is also member of the editorial board of Wiley journal in RF and Microwave Computer Aided Engineering (RFMiCAE). He is active member of Special Interest Group in Microwave and Wireless Education (SiGMaWe) of IEEE Microwave Theory and Technique (MTT) and Nonlinear Vector Network Analyzer Forum supported by ARFTG.
He has also been associated with advisory committee of several RF industries, national laboratories and universities for brainstorming and research initiatives. He has also been part of technical program committee of several IEEE conferences such as IEEE IMaRC, IEEE APMC and IEEE INDICON. He has served as technical program chair of IEEE INDICON 2017.
See Less >>
- Received “Outstanding Young Faculty” award in IIT Roorkee for the year 2020.
- NASI Scopus Young Scientists Awards 2019 (Finalist) under category: “Innovation in Engineering and Physical Sciences”.
- First Team Prize and Best Design Price in 3rd Annual Smart Radio Challenge: Team leader of the University of Calgary team, won first prize and best design prize in 3rd Annual Smart Radio Challenge 2010, conducted by Wireless Innovation Forum. This was a worldwide championship in which student engineering teams design, develop and test software defined and cognitive radio technologies that address specific problems relevant to the advanced wireless community. The main technical role in the project was proposing system architecture, its hardware development and measurement.
- Research Production Award: This was awarded for three consecutive years (2009, 2010, 2011) by the department of Electrical Engineering, University of Calgary for high number of publications in reputed journals and conferences.
- Best Industrial Trainee Award: This was awarded by Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO), India, for being a best trainee during the industrial internship in Defence laboratory in India as a part of curriculum of Bachelors of Engineering.
- Member Technical Committee MTT-12: Microwave High Power Techniques
- Senior Member IEEE
- Member MTT Special Interest Group in Microwave and Wireless Education.
- Member, IEEE MTT, IEEE COMSOC, IEEE EDS.
- Member NVNA Forum, USA.
- Chapter Chair, IEEE Communication Society Chapter
IITR, Linear Amptech